Inpatient Treatment Program (Withdrawal Management)
The inpatient treatment program provides medical, supervised withdrawal management and support to individuals that require treatment and support to manage their withdrawal symptoms from substances such as alcohol and drugs.
Additional services in the program may include:
- Counseling and developing an individual treatment plan;
- Therapy groups and programs, including recreational therapy;
- Connection to follow-up care to ensure continued support for recovery;
- Referrals to psychiatrist, mental health clinician and medical testing (if needed);
- Support accessing community resources upon returning to the community (e.g. housing and income supports).
Individuals admitted to the program stay at the facility between five to 21 days. Length of an individual’s stay is determined by the treatment team in consultation with the individual.
The treatment program is made up of a team of health care professionals including nurses, doctors, psychiatrist, social workers and recreational therapist.
Location, hours and contact information
E.C. Purdy Building
The Nova Scotia Hospital
300 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth
Central intake number: 902-424-8866
Monday to Friday (excluding holidays): 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How do I get an appointment?
To find out if this program is the right option for you, please call our central intake team: 902-424-8866 or toll free at 1-866-340-6700